-Randy Lawrence, Ride Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Location: Northwest corner of Nordhoff and Etiwanda in Northridge (CSUN Parking Lot B1) Name-a name-b Name-c name-d Name-e name-f
Start Time: 8:00 AM sharp (unless otherwise specified in Remarks below)
Map to Ride Start | Weather Forecast
Date No. & Name Miles & Elevation RL
- Helmets are required on all SFVBC rides
- We encourage riding with a flashing red taillight and a flashing white headlight
- Do not ride with ear buds in both ears
- No electric-assist or motorized bikes
- Minors welcome if accompanied by a parent or guardian
July 10 and July 24 – Compangi Ride – The Compagni Group ride is our twice monthly group ride. More details on our rides page. Our July 24 ride is our second remote Compangi ride and is more challenging than most. It goes from Malibu up the coast to Neptune’s Net and back. Neptune’s Net is a funky dive on the coast with great clam chowder.
July 23 Dining At Dukes – A flash remote remote ride scheduled to beat the heat. Details on our ride schedule.
July 30 – Encinal Express – Our annual July birthday ride. Remote start from the Calabasas Commons.
August 6 – SWAC – A weird name but a challenging ride.
August 14 and August 28 – Compangi Ride – The Compagni Group ride is our twice monthly group ride. More details on our rides page. Our August 14 ride is our third remote Compangi ride. It starts in Marina Del Rey and heads towards Palos Verdes.
The annual Windmill Century Ride ride is 7/16/16. Details at: http://www.tailwindsofsantamariabc.org/century.html
The very popular Cool Breeze Century ride is 8/20/16. This is a great first Century ride. Details at: http://www.tailwindsofsantamariabc.org/century.html
The 7th Annual Share The Road Ride takes place on 10/8/2016. Details at http://www.soaringspirits.org/share-the-road-ride
the sfvbc credo
The following list of rules, which have been unofficial for as long as anyone can remember, was made official by board action in September 2015 as the club “credo”. Mostly common sense, the rules are nonetheless critical to members’ safety. The board is currently formulating a policy for expulsion from the club in cases of egregious/repeated violations:
- Obey all traffic laws
- Be courteous and “ride friendly”
- Don’t usurp anyone’s right of way
- Represent our club and the sport of cycling well
- Hold your line
- Ride safely and predictably
- Call and point out road hazards
- Help each other out with flats and mechanicals
- Respect regroup points and break locations
- Let someone know if you intend to deviate from the route
THIS IS AN ATTRACTIVE T-SHIRT, ISN’T IT? Wouldn’t you like to own one? If you’re a club member, you can – just log in and order online using PayPal or any major credit card. Why am I bringing this up now? Because all sizes are in stock!