-Randy Lawrence, Ride Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Location: Northwest corner of Nordhoff and Etiwanda in Northridge (CSUN Parking Lot B1) Name-a name-b Name-c name-d Name-e name-f
Start Time: 8:00 AM sharp (unless otherwise specified in Remarks below)
Map to Ride Start | Weather Forecast
Date No. & Name Miles & Elevation RL
- Helmets are required on all SFVBC rides
- We encourage riding with a flashing red taillight and a flashing white headlight
- Do not ride with ear buds in both ears
- No electric-assist or motorized bikes
- Minors welcome if accompanied by a parent or guardian
October 1 – Palos Verdes From Marina Del Rey. – Remote ride starting from Dock 52 in Marina Del Rey. Club member Arnie Arst is going to be leading this ride. Arnie is doing a segment of the ALS ride that goes through Marina Del Rey Saturday. He is not soliciting donations. Your presence in support of a good cause is enough. 8:30 am ride start.
October 2 – Tour Of Two Topanga Tops Via Summit To Summit. – How about a little dirt? This ride has a 3 mile dirt road section. All ridable on your standard road bike.
October 8 – Griffith Park – This is a very popular ride that explores our wonderful urban park.
October 9 and October 23 – Compangi Ride – The Compagni Group ride is our twice monthly group ride. More details on our rides page.
October 16 – Mission Street Coffee Cruise – This ride starts a bit later on a Sunday from Valley College.
October 22 – Franklin, I Don’t Give A Dam – Another very popular urban ride. The #4 version is one of our best.
October 29 – Glendora Ridge Romp Via East Fork – Let’s go up to the mountains. This remote ride goes all the way to Baldy Village.
The 7th Annual Share The Road Ride takes place on 10/8/2016. Details at http://www.soaringspirits.org/share-the-road-ride
the sfvbc credo
The following list of rules, which have been unofficial for as long as anyone can remember, was made official by board action in September 2015 as the club “credo”. Mostly common sense, the rules are nonetheless critical to members’ safety. The board is currently formulating a policy for expulsion from the club in cases of egregious/repeated violations:
- Obey all traffic laws
- Be courteous and “ride friendly”
- Don’t usurp anyone’s right of way
- Represent our club and the sport of cycling well
- Hold your line
- Ride safely and predictably
- Call and point out road hazards
- Help each other out with flats and mechanicals
- Respect regroup points and break locations
- Let someone know if you intend to deviate from the route
THIS IS AN ATTRACTIVE T-SHIRT, ISN’T IT? Wouldn’t you like to own one? If you’re a club member, you can – just log in and order online using PayPal or any major credit card. Why am I bringing this up now? Because all sizes are in stock!